The Importance of Marketing Your Home in Peel
Marketing your home in Brampton, Mississauga or Caledon is different than marketing any other product or service. That’s because every home is different and therefore requires a marketing program that is specific to your home. It is important to compare similar properties and to examine your home’s features before making any marketing decisions.
The most effective strategy is to start advertising as soon as your home hits the market. Tools that your agent should incorporate in this strategy could include:
• Printed materials such as flyers, pamphlets, postcards, etc. that buyers can take home (always include photos and list major selling points)
• Listing on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) complete with all descriptive details
• Professional quality photographs and/or virtual tour of your home on Youtube
• Featured listing on numerous websites and your real estate agency’s website
• Post the listing on social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest)
• Newspaper and/or trade magazine ads
Properly marketing your home can potentially unleash a great deal of exposure and help you push your listing above the competition. Also consider that any improvements that might improve the appearance of the property should also be addressed. Remember, homes that look great usually sell faster and for a higher price.